Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The "Paper Chase" Has Officially Begun!

Please know that I am writing this with flour on my face and egg on my shirt – we are up to our ears in pies!
We love it, but oh my, it is keeping us busy! After just one week’s time, we have made and delivered 11 pies and we have 16 orders for this coming week’s time! The word is spreading at work and people are responding in a remarkable way. I am getting e-mails and messages from people I do not even know, but who want to help. Praise God for such kind hearts : )
As the fundraiser continues, we are also continuing to move forward with the paperwork. We have been assigned a family coordinator with AWAA (Jennifer), who will be our family’s guide through the remainder of the process. She has already been exceptionally helpful to us and seems to be tolerating our hundreds of e-mails a day without flinching : ) We have also been in contact with Illini Christian Ministries for completion of our home study. So, we have officially begun the “paper chase” process. It definitely has the potential to be overwhelming, but as Jennifer says, “There will be blessings and challenges along the way… I trust our feet will always have the Light to walk in as Christ is the leader of this voyage.”

No comments:

Post a Comment