Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Glimpse Into the "Pie-Making Business"

As many of you know, Jonathan and I began a homemade pie fundraiser at my work (and a few other random places) just a week after we formally began the adoption process. It was an idea we had had when we first felt called to adopt in 2009, so we had been thinking about this for more than a year. My grandma shared her pie crust recipe with me when I was in college and we felt this would be a good way to raise funds, while also allowing the giver to enjoy something in return.
It has turned out to be quite a success. As of today, we have made and delivered 168 pies and raised more than $1,500! This announcement comes with a huge thank you to all of you that have participated thus far. Your kindness and generosity cannot be adequately expressed in writing. Jonathan and I feel so blessed to be able to call you all friends.
That being said, we have never baked so much in all our lives : ) Although orders have slowed down a bit here in the past few weeks, we have had some pretty hectic nights in our kitchen. So, Jonathan put together a little video to share with you. Hope it puts a smile on your face : )


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! You guys!! Your sweet baby will watch this someday and know how much he/she was wanted. That's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete