Saturday, October 29, 2011

Fun Together as we Prepare to be Parents

Jonathan and I had a blast from the past moment this evening on our way home from WalMart:
First of all, you need to understand that EVERY TIME we are in WalMart, I somehow find my way to the baby department, where I inevitably buy something for our baby-to-be. Since we know virtually nothing about our baby at this moment, our options are rather limited, but we have quite the supply of wipes, baby lotion, and bath toys filling the nursery closet : )
Well, tonight I found the music section of the baby department so we ended up purchasing a lullaby c.d. (for part of that nighttime routine) and also found a c.d. put out by Fisher Price for Sunday School songs. It had many that we remember from our childhood, so we thought it may be a fun purchase.
On our drive home, I started looking at the back cover more closely and Jonathan and I began to reminisce about these songs – trying our hardest to remember the correct tune and the right lyrics. We had a good time laughing and singing our old favorites together; including these timeless ones…
·         Peace Like a River
·         Deep and Wide
·         Father Abraham
·         Arky Arky
·         This Little Light of Mine
Hopefully these titles bring back some good memories for you all as well : )

No comments:

Post a Comment