Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

My first Mother’s Day today! If you had asked me this time last year, I may have told you that I thought this day would never come. But, oh, how things changed! 

Jonathan and Annaliese gave me a beautiful necklace (which Jonathan quickly pointed out could be easily added to).


We went out for lunch after church and then came home to a nice leisurely afternoon of being outside and bike riding/walks. Thanks to both of them for making it a special day : )

As I enjoy this day, though, I cannot help but think about Annaliese’s birthmother. She is, and always will be, such an integral part of who Annaliese is and who she will become. Please take a moment to read the following blog post from a fellow adoptive mom who describes it better than I can:
Please say a prayer for her birthmother, and so many others like her, who are “courageous women that poverty has stolen what was most precious to them. And while adoption is the most beautiful experience I have ever been inside of, it is also the most horrific and ugly as it is mottled with so much pain, so much loss, so much injustice.”

Today, we honor her, too.





 
We planted a Calla Lily (the national flower of Ethiopia) in honor of her birthmother today. We then said a prayer for her over it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment