Tuesday, June 25, 2013

One Year Ago Today...

One year ago today, Jonathan and I received a phone call that forever changed our lives!

I can hardly believe it has been one year since we received our referral for Annaliese! I will never forget how it happened – the secretary at work came and found me in a patient’s room and told me that my husband was on the phone and I needed to come. I was worried – Jonathan never calls me at work – so I assumed something was wrong. When I got to the phone, Jonathan assured me everything was just fine but that I needed to get my cellphone and get to a quiet place because Jennifer (our family coordinator) was going to call me on a three way call to tell us about a little girl who was being referred to us! You could have knocked me over with a feather!!

If you remember, this was on a Monday and Jonathan and I had just been approved on Friday to expand our age request to 0-5 years old. We would have never guessed how quickly this would change things!

When we got home that day, we opened the email from Jennifer together and got to see our beautiful daughter’s face for the first time!


Here were the first pictures of her that we got to see (but could not share at that time).




And here are a few of her today…




God has been so good to us over this past year – what a wild ride we have been on! Thank you to everyone who shared in it with us : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment