Sunday, July 14, 2013

Here We Go Again!

So, I originally planned to stop blogging when Annaliese’s re-adoption was completed. We are within approximately one month of that happening and God decided He had other plans for our family…

Over the past month or so, Jonathan and I have begun feeling that “nudge” again. I (for one) have been resistant. I frequently found myself saying, “Yeah God, that’s a nice idea, but we […] right now.” Fill in the blank with things like, “don’t have the money” and “don’t have the energy.” Undoubtedly this second journey will be a much bigger step of faith for us than the first one was and we have been digging our heels in quite a bit.

Here are a few examples of ways I have been trying to shut the door, but God keeps opening them up wide –

·        I assumed our home study agency would want us to wait a minimum of 12 months before beginning again. I contacted them and they said only 6 were required.

·        Paperwork that we received from our agency once we were home with Annaliese stated that we would need to wait 18 months before we initiated another adoption. I contacted them (assuming to get a “no,” so I could let God know that He was wrong) and they assured me they only require 6 months. Of course, I cannot find where I read 18 months now either!!

·        We sent an application in, assuming that AWAA would see that things in our life were not in perfect order and would say “no,” but they accepted us into the ET program.

To top it off -

·        Annaliese has recently started asking (more frequently) for a brother and sister. In fact, the other day we were in the car and out of nowhere she said, “Mommy, daddy, go to Ethiopia. Meet my brother, sister. It’s okay mommy – I stay with grandma. Go, mommy!” 
There was one final thing that made it absolutely clear to us, but we cannot divulge those details at this time. To put it as a good friend of mine did, “Sarah, I think you have a neon sign hanging over your head!”

At this point, we are not sure how this will all turn out, but God has made it abundantly clear over the past few weeks that it is time for us to move forward. We are stepping out in faith and trusting that He knows what He is doing : ) As it is often said, “if it seems crazy, it is probably God” and this seems crazy to us right now! We are excited and scared all at the same time. Please pray for our family as we go through this process. We are not exactly sure what He has in mind for us, but we will keep trusting Him with each step we take : )

No comments:

Post a Comment