Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Forward Progress!!!

It has been ages since I posted on this page, and for that I am so sorry.

The last several months have been quite challenging, to say the least. I tended to move between tears, anger, and apathy. I just could not bring myself to write.

As a brief summary, we received a referral for our 8 year old son on July 9, 2014. Over the next seven months, our paperwork processing was delayed by the following: Ethiopian rainy season, staff being out of the office for weeks at a time, requests for new paperwork, and requests for updated paperwork. Each step forward seemed to be followed by at least two steps backward.

As I have said before, my head knew that He was in control, but my heart was having a difficult time catching up.

But, after all the heartache, everything drastically changed on February 3rd! By 9:30 in the morning, we had received 2 calls from our adoption agency – one to tell us we had finally received the positive recommendation letter from MOWCYA and the second to tell us that we had a court date!! To make matters even more exciting, our court date is scheduled for Thursday, February 12th! After several contacts back and forth with our travel agency, we determined that we would leave for Ethiopia THIS Sunday!! We will meet our son on Tuesday!!!!

As always, thank you to each of you for continuing to follow our journey. We cannot wait to share more with you in the coming days : )

No comments:

Post a Comment