Monday, April 8, 2013

Funny Memories

Okay – this is probably one of those stories you should not share, but it made me laugh so hard that I have to!

Today when we got home from school I noticed the garage door (from garage to the kitchen) did not close correctly. It was kind of like the house had settled a bit and I had to pull up on the door to make it latch. I did not think much about it until Annaliese and I went to leave the house to meet Jonathan at the YMCA and I could not get the door open. I tried several things but had no luck, so I called Jonathan at work. He did not have any ideas either, but (I thought jokingly) asked if Annaliese could crawl through the cat door.

For those of you who have not been to our house, we have a cat door that goes out to a room off of the garage with the water heater, furnace, etc. It is where we keep the litter box and cat food. So, I went ahead and asked Annaliese if she thought she could crawl through that space. After looking at me like I had three heads, she decided to give it a try : )

Would you believe – she fit right through without any difficulty?!?! Of course, I was very thankful for this, as I was beginning to wonder what kind of mother I would be if Jonathan came home to the door jammed shut and Annaliese pinned inside the cat door!

Once she made it through, all I could hear was, “this kinda scary, dark and Kizzie hiss.” But, she made it out to the garage and opened the big door for mommy to come around. I was laughing so hard I could hardly see straight!

Just don’t tell our social worker – without all of the details, it may not sound so good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment