Sunday, October 13, 2013

Home For One Year!

One year ago, I got the privilege to hold my daughter again, this time in America. It was a long two weeks at home waiting for all of the paperwork to clear so that Sarah and Annaliese could come home, but finally I got to have my “Daddy’s Gotcha Day.”

I had spoken to Sarah earlier in the day and was waiting for their flight from D.C. to arrive in Chicago. Of course, I left earlier than needed, so that meant more waiting once I arrived at O’Hare Airport. Once, I knew their flight had landed, I waited in anticipation as Sarah and Annaliese made their way through customs. And then finally, I saw them come up the escalator. It took Annaliese a minute to see me, but when she finally did she headed straight towards me and I got a big hug.
 
 

 
At last, our forever family was together again.

 
 
 
I cannot believe how fast our first year has gone, yes, we have had struggles along the way, but Annaliese has brought much laughter and love into our home and I look forward to what the years ahead will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment