Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Momma Gotcha Day

Can you believe that one year ago today I had landed in Addis Adaba, Ethiopia and was headed to the transition home to pick up Annaliese?? I will never forget how she ran up to me, excitement in her beautiful face, but also some confusion as she looked around and seemed to ask, “where’s daddy?”

It was a hard decision, but we had decided that I would go back to Ethiopia by myself to be with Annaliese while we waited for the Embassy to clear our case. It ended up being a much more difficult ten days than I anticipated, but we got to connect with family through Skype and felt the prayers of many while we anxiously awaited our return home.

Annaliese and I bonded in a special way as mother and daughter for the first time and she anticipated getting to see her daddy all the more.

So, today, we wish Annaliese a very happy one year anniversary for “momma gotcha day” : ) You have brought so much joy and laughter to my life in the past year and I could not imagine my life without you in it! I love you baby girl!
 
THEN...



 
 She won the hearts of the staff at the guesthouse...
 


 
AND NOW...
 
 
 

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment