Monday, April 13, 2015

To God be the Glory!

This morning I sat down to write our family testimonial, which is requested by Lifesong for Orphans when our adoption is complete and we close our account.  

Looking back at my first blog post when beginning Nathaniel's adoption,  I wrote, "Over the past month or so, Jonathan and I have begun feeling that "nudge" again. I (for one) have been resistant. I frequently found myself saying, 'Yeah God, that's a nice idea, but we [...] right now." Fill in the blank with things like, "don't have the money...'" 

It went on, but that was honestly where I could have stopped. We had no clue how we were going to pay for this adoption, as we expected it to move fairly quickly due to his age, etc. 

I finished the post with, "At this point, we are not sure how this will all turn out, but God has made it abundantly clear over the past few weeks that it is time for us to move forward. We are stepping out in faith and trusting  that He knows what He is doing : )”

So today, as I sat down to do the write-up for Lifesong, I took a moment to review what happened over the past 20 months. I was humbled by what I found. 

Early in our process, we were given a few very generous financial donations from friends who simply supported our journey. Then, in April of 2014, we received notification that we were the recipients of a $3,500 matching grant from Lifesong for Orphans. Due to the subsequent generosity of our church family, my mom's church family, family and friends, that $3,500 turned into more than $16,000!! Oh how the Lord can do more than we could ever ask or imagine!!

I know I have said this a thousand times before, but the idea that “God does not call the equipped, He equips the called” is so true. We could not have completed this process on our own, but with Him working through His people, we did. In fact, once we receive two final pieces of assistance that are currently being processed, we will make a final payment that allows us to be completely debt free from this adoption!

To God be the Glory!!

No comments:

Post a Comment